Director of Information Management
We are looking for a Director of Information Management to join our team. We are looking for a bright, motivated, self-starter with established publishing experience.
The Director will perform and supervise collection and delivery of news and other information consistent with the company’s strategic directions. The director will also interview and manage employees to form a team to meet company requirements.
This position will start as a part-time position and grow to full-time as sales revenue increases.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Overseeing all stages of publishing of news content and feature stories on the company website, weekly magazine, and online and print newsletters in support of direction of executive leadership.
- Interfacing with domestic and international bureaus to report, write, and publish breaking news online.
- Managing the recruiting, hiring and training of personnel for support of department responsibilities.
- Interfacing with executive leadership to support company goals and objectives.
- The successful candidate will be a quality-oriented self-starter and have 7+ years publishing experience.
Candidate qualifications will include
- Experience working under deadline
- High level of creativity and a strong goal-oriented approach to the business.
- Ability to direct multiple projects and effectively manage project timelines.
- Familiarity with wire services.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Web content publishing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Superior organizational and presentation skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required