Director of Project Management
We are looking for a Director of Project Management to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Director will work with senior management to help define internal and external projects, and to manage their execution. The director will also interview and manage employees to form a team to meet project objectives.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop project management standards and processes for the company.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring and training of project managers for deployment on various projects.
- Develop and manage budgets, performance, tracking and reporting for the Department of Project Management.
- Advise executive leadership with regards to project definition, timeline, required resources, and budget.
- Ensure that selected projects are matched to qualified and available project management resources and individuals are effectively transitioned to those assignments
- Develop and maintain a PM competency model and ensure skill sets, training, certification and development plans for all project managers are current and consistent with the competency model
- Act as an escalation point for project related matters and assist in problem resolution.
- The successful candidate will be a quality-oriented self-starter and have 5+ years experience in project management.
- Additionally, the candidate will have 1+ years experience managing project managers.
- PMI Certification preferred.
Candidate qualifications will include
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Excellent analytical and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and customer service skills
Superior organizational skills
- Proven track record of implementing and using PM best practices and PM methodologies